I am an Ecologist and current PhD student working on the predator-prey dynamic between green algae (e.g. Scenedesmus sp. and Chlorella sp.) and cladocerans (e.g. Daphnia magna). During my Master Degree in Ecology and Nature Conservation (University of Parma, Italy), I worked on zooplankton: field sampling, identification and taxonomy, study of their ecology and life history strategies.
I am a Ph.D. student at Swansea University and my project focuses on studying and modelling inducible defence strategies developed by algae to resist predation by herbivorous zooplankton.
Talk to me about
- Zooplankton ecology and taxonomy
- Aquatic plankton ecology
- Population biology and evolution
- Rossi V., Albini D., Pellegri V. and Menozzi P., 2015. Early and late maternal effects on hatching phenology of Heterocypris incongruens (Crustacea: Ostracoda). Journal of Experimental Zoology Part A, 323: 382-391.
- Rossi V., Albini D., Menozzi P. and Benassi G., 2013. Hatching phenology of Heterocypris incongruens eggs: environmental and maternal effects. Il naturalista siciliano, Vol XXXVI: 327-329.
- Rossi V., Albini D., Benassi G. and Menozzi P., 2012. To rest in hydration: hatching phenology of resting eggs of Heterocypris incongruens (Crustacea: Ostracoda). Fundamental and Applied Limnology, 181: 49-58.
- BIO109 Core Skills for Biological Sciences #Swansea University