I am a marine biologist and PhD candidate at Swansea University working on establishing the knowledge base for sustainable seaweed cultivation. During my studies at the University of Bremen (Germany) I worked among other topics on coral-algal interactions and the influence of ultraviolet radiation and desiccation on physiological processes of the brown alga Laminaria digitata.
I am experienced in keeping and cultivating various marine tropical and non-tropical organisms, from microscopic algae towards coloured reef fishes.
Talk to me About
- Macroalgae aquaculture, especially Porphyra spp. cultivation
- Macroalgal ecology and physiology
- Harvesting pressure on macroalgae populations
- Coral-algal contacts
Collaboration with the industry:
- The Pembrokeshire Beach Food Company (Wales)
- Practical in Aquaculture #Leibniz Center for Tropical Marine Ecology, Germany
- Practical in Plant Physiology #University Bremen, Germany